Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Latest Obsession

Yarn Wreaths. I know it sounds bad. A wreath made of yarn? Or a wreath covered in yarn? I brings up images of macrame tapestries and toilet paper rolls covered in crocheted Barbie doll dresses. My babysitter had one of these when I was little...I thought it was the coolest thing EVER. Barbies in the bathroom!? Oh how young I was. But it turns out, yarn wreaths are pretty cool! Or at least they CAN be...they can also be a complete disaster. But I want one of these
From Mid Century Modern Utah And finally, from Etsy seller Petits Metier
I kind of want this Halloween wreath for...well...Halloween. But I look at it and think, "I could make that myself." But really...could I? Would it look as good and be worth my time? Not to mention buying all the stuff would likely come to more than $35. Well, maybe not with a coupon, and I always have a coupon. But aren't they cool? I love the radial pattern the yarn makes, and doesn't that white one just look downright cozy? They're just a little bit different. I'm over grapevine and floral wreaths. I'm still kind of into feather wreaths but they're getting a bit over done and can be little too...what's the word...red light district-y? So, maybe yarn wreaths are the name of the new game.

No comments:

Post a Comment