Monday, June 7, 2010

Summertime and the living's easy

Molly's Log: Star-date June 7th 2010*

It's day one of summer break. It is a little hard to believe a couple of things:

no. 1)  I just completed my 3rd year of teaching. I've been out of college for 3 years (whoa...). I'm no longer a provisional teacher (they can't just fire me because they feel like it...hooray!)

no. 2) I don't have to go to work tomorrow, or the next day or for 12 whole weeks. I am working for my parents during the summer, probably no more than about 10 hours a week, but it is extra money.

Hopefully this will mean lots of work will get done on the house.
  • Finally complete the guest room!
  • Get going on the front porch (which will be not-fun...Maryland Summers are HOT and HUMID...perhaps I can work out there if I set a sprinkler INSIDE the screened in porch. This will make painting difficult....)
  • Clean up the basement, which is a wreck because whenever I finish a project, I just throw all the materials haphazardly into the basement. 
  • Start working on the den


*Yes, that was a Star Trek reference and yes...I am a nerd. I don't actually watch Star Trek now, but I do have two older brothers who were lovers of the Enterprise and the Borg and of "Counselor Hooters" in the 90s. When the remote wasn't relented to me (the annoying little sister) I watched a lot of Star Trek...and I do have a bit of a Nerd Crush on Patrick Stewart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment