Saturday, April 24, 2010

Blog-iversary

A little event passed yesterday and I didn't even notice. My Blog-iversary. It's been 1 year and 1 day since I began A New Nest and that's a little weird to imagine.

A year ago yesterday Adam and I were trying to get our hands on a house not far from here. A bungalow priced at $289,900 that we were trying to talk down to $275,000. It's a little laughable, now, looking back (suffice to say we did NOT pay $275,000 for this house). But then that house DID only have 1 bathroom, for 4 bedrooms. And that one bathroom was on the 1st floor. So if you had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night you would have to stumble down the stairs. But the floors in it were gorgeous, and Adam would kill for that garage now.

Oh well, this house is bigger. Much bigger. And I'm happy to have the space, and the second bathroom, and we've been brainstorming solutions for the garage thing.

I'm excited to think of what the next year will bring. Big bathroom renovation? New driveway? Replacement windows? Who knows! All I know is blogging is a big motivator for me to get things done, so I'm pretty sure this little corner of the blogosphere will still be around come next April 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment