Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween Recap and Den Update

So, yes, I AM a bad blogger. It's a week AFTER Halloween and I never did post pictures of my decorations. Let's pretend it's because I'm trying to keep you in suspense, and that it's NOT because I enjoy afternoon naps. Yes, let's pretend that.

Anyway, there were pumpkins and mums on the front porch (mine promptly shriveled due to no rain and over carving - lesson learned)


There were spooky wreaths - purchased on sale at Pier One last year





There were also LOTS of glittery skulls (or as my friend, Emma, called them Disco Skulls)


The dining room table was decked with spooky things under glass, more disco skulls and an "attack crow" - Sic em' Squaky!


The mantel boasted it's usual excessive holiday "stuff"


Because my holiday decorating philosophy is "Add more crap!" 





And lastly, there were vast quantities bats...and I mean vast.




But it was all worth it in the end for these guys, my niece and nephews. How adorable are they? 


In non-Halloween news the hideous light fixture in the den has been replaced with a ceiling fan


See that bundle of wires that was too long from the base to the lights? Yeah, that was bundled with a twist tie...classy previous owners...well played. Here's the new fan. 

We converted a drawer into a shelf on the TV cabinet so that we no longer have cable boxes and other electronics sitting on the floor




New blinds have been mounted, new end tables bought and awesome orange lamps purchased


And I found these Lee Jofa fabrics at a thrift store for $10 and $12 a yard. Normally these fabrics run in the $100s per yard. That thrift shop my new go-to source for decorator fabrics.  The houndstooth is actually from Joann Fabrics. 




Did you notice I'm adding some orange to the den? It's going to be good. 

Still to do? Make curtains and pillows, patch some holes in the wall, make a table runner for the TV cabinet, refinish the side tables (bought them at a used furniture store) and hang artwork. 





No comments:

Post a Comment